National Plan for Pediatric Acquired Brain Injury

My name is Craig Sears I am a survivor of Traumatic Brain Injury trying to help myself, and the children of tomorrow from ever having to experience this horror and heartache of TBI by using my case as an example to show how brain injury is being discriminated against and taking advantage of ignored by the US States. And how easy it is for program providers to do the same to brain injury survivors. Traumatic Brain Injury is the # 1leading cause of death and disability among children and young adults in this country. I am advocating to make people more aware of the national pediatric acquired brain injury plan. For myself I wish on that July afternoon 21 years ago that there was a national PABI plan in place I wish that the states and doctors and nurses and all the cops judges and people whoever had the power over me had a clue about TBI. I wish that when I needed it there were people to turn to answers to the questions I didn't even know I had and the resources in place for me. I wonder how different my life would be today


Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) is a leading cause of death and disability among children and young adults in the United States. Each year, an estimated 1.5 million Americans sustain a TBI. That's 8 times the number of people diagnosed with breast cancer and 34 times the number of new cases of HIV/AIDS each year. As a consequence: *50,000 people die each year. *230,000 people are hospitalized annually and survive. *80,000 to 90,000 people experience the onset of long-term disability each year. *The cumulative result is that today an estimated 5.3 million people - 2% of the U.S. population - are living with a permanent TBI-related disability. THIS (featured in the URL Address Below) IS ONE profound example of what we aim for and advocate -- to believe that there is hope, and understand the need to help contribute to miracles to restore health, life, and to create the ability to live life productively toward the goal of everyone understanding how wonderful it is to live life happy, altruistically, and well.

National PABI Plan

Pediatric Acquired Brain Injury PABI. This is a brain injury to anyone under the age of 25 years. The brain doesn't fully mature until that age. PABI includes all brain injuries caused by trauma including falls, motor vehicle MV accidents, being struck by an object, violence/assault, sports incidents, gunshot wounds, and non-MV bicycle accidents. PABI is the leading cause of death and disability for children under 15 years of age in the United States. Over 5,000 deaths occur annually due to PABI, over 17,000 children annually suffer from permanent disability due to PABI, and over 1,000,000 children are hospitalized each year due to PABI. In addition, since most children's brains aren't considered developed until age 21 or 22, many of the Military Veterans returning from Afghanistan and Iraq with TBI are actually considered PABI. Pediatric Acquired Brain Injuries PABI include all traumatic causes plus brain injuries caused by brain tumors, strokes, meningitis, insufficient oxygen, poisoning, ischemia and substance abuse